Sunday, September 24, 2006

A start

I think I will start a poker blog. I suck at writing, but perhaps having a blog will be a way to improve my writing skills and my poker playing.

So dear reader, I promise to really proof read and spell-check these ramblings.

As far as how blogging will improve my poker playing, all I can say am I know reading other people's blogs has improved my playing. Psychology is a large part of playing poker, and reading poker blogs has helped me keep my head in the game and minimize tilt. (The book Zen and the Art of Poker by Larry Phillips helped here too.) So perhaps writing about poker will improve my game somehow. We will see!

I am fresh off making the final table in Full Tilt's midnight 12K. I played it on a lark after being bounced from the 20K and Party's 40K. I have a bunch of $75 that I was saving for 200K satellites; so I figure what the heck, give it a shot.

I was card dead for most of the tournament, but survived on blind stealing and bluffing people out of pots. One of the key hands of the tournament for me was when we got down to 16 people and I was dealt K8o in the small blind. The blinds had just increased to 1000/500 and I had 2,430 left after posting the small blind. The payout for 16th was $114 but 15th jumped to $153. I watched a player go out on another table in 16th so I knew I would get 15th at least if I went out on this hand. I decided would push all in if it was folded to the cut-off or button and they raised. Iakaris on the button did indeed raise, and I called all in. I was happy to see Iakaris’s K4o and the K8o held up.

I am very happy with my play in the tournament. I think I was making good reads and decisions.

Sleech

3 Comments:

Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Thanks for stopping by sleech.

I seriously thought you played terrific short stack poker and I was happy to double you up since you made the absolute most of it. When I got moved from your table I figured you were done for, so I was pretty impressed to find you at the final table.

This means there were really three bloggers at that final table. Good stuff.

Next up for you, ya gotta start playing some of the blogger tournaments -

Mondays at the Hoy on Stars (password: Hammer) $22,
Tuesdays is WWdN also on Stars (password: Monkey) $11
Wednesday is the jewel in the crown - The Mookie at Full Tilt - (password: Vegas1) $11
Thursday WWdN: The (K)Not on Stars
(password: monkey) $11

It's a good group and a lot of fun. I'll look fer ya there.

4:45 PM  
Blogger slb159 said...

Nice FT, sleech. Yeah, you'll have to stop by one of the blogger events that run throughout each week. Fun times. Iak (Ick)didn't say that they were under the private tabs in the tourney sections. I'm sure you're smart enough to have figured that out though. Just a heads-up. Welcome, I'm pretty new too. I'll link ya' up in my next post.
Best of luck.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your sleech.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home